Filmlab: Palestine announces the call for short film projects to participate in the Sunbird Production Award competition at Palestine Cinema Days (October 17-23, 2018). An international jury will announce the winner of the Sunbird Production Award during the Palestine Cinema Days Closing Ceremony on October 23, 2018.
To be eligible, projects must comply with the following regulations.
Regulations Sunbird Production Award / Project Submissions:
- Project must be either at pre-production or production stage at the time of the festival (October 2018)
- Project may not exceed a maximum length of 25 minutes
- Accepted are short film projects of any genre, e.g. fiction, documentary, experimental and animation films
- Treatment, detailed synopsis & financing plan must be available in English
- Connection to Palestine must be visible, e.g. director/producer from Palestine, film set in Palestine or clear thematic reference to Palestine
- Film must be shot in Palestine
The Sunbird Production Award winner will receive camera and sound equipment available at Filmlab: Palestine and post-production facilitation (including colour grading and sound mixing) at Aarhus Filmworkshop. The film will be picked up for distribution by MAD Solutions.
Submission deadline: September 15, 2018
Please note: The deadline for short and documentary film submissions has passed on August 15, 2018..
For enquires and information, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.